This is another dead-simple casserole that I whipped up a few days ago when friends were coming over and I wasn’t sure that we’d have enough on hand to eat.
- One half of a bag of egg noodles (about 6 oz.)
- One can (411 g, 14.5 oz.) of french-style green beans, ideally no salt added—with liquid
- One can (227g, 8 oz.) of button mushroom stems and pieces—with liquid
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts, about 500 g (1 lb)
- One can (298 g, 10.5 oz.) of cream of mushroom soup
- One can (298 g, 10.5 oz.) of cream of chicken soup
- dried poultry seasoning, to taste
- garlic powder, to taste
- dried onion topping, to taste
In a large casserole, layer in order:
- egg noodles
- green beans and liquid
- mushrooms and liquid
Liberally douse the chicken breasts with seasoning, on both sides. Layer on top of the noodles, beans, and mushrooms. Cover with both cans of soup, smoothing the mixture to cover everything underneath. Top with optional dried onions. Cook, uncovered, in the oven for 80–90 minutes at 175 ºC (350 ºF).
Note that due to the cans of soup, the sodium count for this recipe will be pretty high. If you can find lower-sodium varieties of soup, use them instead.